Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and President of USA H.E. Mr. Joseph R. Biden, participated in a India-US Hi-Tech Handshake event at the White House in Washington D.C. . The event was moderated by US Secretary of Commerce, H.E. Ms. Gina Raimondo, and saw the participation of leading Indian and American CEOs of tech companies and startups. The thematic focus of the forum was on ‘AI for All’ and ‘Manufacturing for Mankind’.
The event was an opportunity for both leaders to review the deepening technology collaboration between India and USA. Discussions focused on the role and potential of the India-US Technology Partnership in driving the adoption of an AI enabled inclusive economy to meet the needs of their citizens and the world. The CEOs explored ways of leveraging existing linkages between the two tech ecosystems, India’s talented workforce and advances made by India in Digital Public Infrastructure, to build global collaborations. They called for regular engagement between the respective industries to kickstart strategic collaborations, cooperate on standards and foster innovation.
In his remarks, Prime Minister underlined the immense potential of harnessing India-US tech cooperation for socio-economic growth. He also applauded the contribution of India’s talented youth in fostering a culture of innovation. President Biden called on CEOs to help expand India-US tech partnership to new fields including biotechnology and quantum. Both leaders underscored that India-US partnership would play an instrumental role in building a better future for our people and for the world.
The following business leaders participated in the event:
1. Revathi Advaithi, CEO, Flex
2. Sam Altman, CEO, OpenAI
3. Mark Douglas, President and CEO, FMC Corporation
4. Lisa Su, CEO, AMD
5. Will Marshall, CEO, Planet Labs
6. Satya Nadella, CEO, Microsoft
7. Sundar Pichai, CEO, Google
8. Hemant Taneja, CEO and Managing Director, General Catalyst
9. Thomas Tull, Founder, Tulco LLC
10.Sunita Williams, NASA Astronaut
1. Mr. Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group
2. Mr. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman & MD, Reliance Industries
3. Mr. Nikhil Kamath, Co-Founder, Zerodha & True Beacon
4. Ms. Vrinda Kapoor, Co-Founder, 3rdiTech